On behalf of the entire team at the Ecole Setsuko it is my pleasure to welcome you to our school. The present document relates to the Rules, General and Financial Conditions of your registration and activity at our school.
The General and Financial Conditions of Ecole Setsuko can be modified at any time during the year. When they are changed, the modifications reflect the wish of our students and directors to:
- Improve equity for all of us
- Improve administrative & pedagogic procedures
- Respond to specific criteria from government or professional associations
It is the student’s responsibility to remain up-to-date and always follow the General & Financial Conditions of Ecole Setsuko.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
- You must be 18 years of age or over.
- You must be able to read and write English.
- You must have a high school, college or university level degree or have a life experience judged to be sufficient and appropriate for the chosen program.
- You must submit a completed registration form online.
- Either Full payment or Registration deposit (non-refundable) must be paid.
- By registering at Ecole Setsuko, the student agrees to respect its general and financial conditions, effective to date.
- Students must have or create a Google Account and have good working internet for online classes.
- The student can request exemption from core classes that they attended at another school; in this case, the student can opt to have no financial credit and audit the class without the need to do the homework or exam.
- The student can request financial exemption from a core class that they attended and passed in good standing. Diploma / Certificate and transcript will be requested. An equivalency exam may be required in some cases.
TUITION FEES AND PAYMENT PLANS
- All Tuition payments must be paid in Canadian dollars.
- Ecole Setsuko offers payment plans for eligible students; students must choose their payment plan during the registration process. For any changes to payment plans, there will be an administrative fee of $25.00.
- For missed payments, there will be an additional charge of $45.
- Payments must be made on-time on the date selected during registration. Payments can be made with a Credit Card or paid directly at the school. For all email transfers there will be an additional charge of $5 per transaction.
- No Diploma / Certificate will be issued until all tuition / balances have been paid.
CANCELLATION / DISMISSAL / REIMBURSEMENT (GENERAL)
- The student may cancel their Registration within 10 days of registration. Ecole Setsuko will reimburse all payments minus the registration deposit.
- After 10 days, reimbursement will be calculated on a pro-rata scale. The student is responsible for paying for the classes attended. If more then 50% of the course has been taken, there will be no refund.
- Failure to remit scheduled payments (note: if payment plan is relevant) will result in dismissal.
- Failure to complete the end of year requirements can lead to dismissal unless a request for an extension has been approved.
- Diplomas will not be issued to Students who have an outstanding balance.
- Diplomas will not be issued to Students who have not met all academic and clinical requirements or who still have any outstanding academic and clinical requirements.
- Any program student who does not complete the requirements of the course, will receive an Incomplete and will be responsible for making it up, and will be charged at the current rate.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICIES
- School will provide a 100% refund for workshops cancelled by the school. School will notify registrants 48 hours prior to the workshop start time.
- If a registrant cancels a workshop with more than 48 hours notice, a refund or credit will be issued minus the deposit. If a registrant cancels with less than 48 hours notice or does not show up, no refund will be issued.
- The above policies apply for pre-registered series of classes. Refunds or credits will not be issued for missed classes of a series.
RESCHEDULING AND EXTENSIONS
- If the teacher is unavailable for a session date, they will inform you in advance and the session will be rescheduled to a time that is convenient for both parties. No reimbursement will be allowed for this type of rescheduling.
- If a course or workshop is cancelled or rescheduled for any reason, and the Student is unable to attend, the Student is eligible for full reimbursement without any penalty incurred.
- Make up quizzes and exams are permitted with a valid doctor note or with written approval from the director, and is subject to a fee.
- For Students undergoing unexpected hardships, a written letter must be submitted to the director for review, in order to receive either an extension or leave of absence from the Program of Study.
HOMEWORK & STUDY TIME
- Students are responsible to organize their schedule and find the time to study and do the requested homework.
- If you are unable to complete an assignment on time, you must reach out to your teacher to request an extension. If no extension is requested, you will receive a fail on your assignment.
TUTORING AND MENTORSHIP
- Ecole Setsuko can offer private tutoring and mentorship for some classes, as required. Please contact your teacher directly for pricing.
- Ecole Setsuko offers guidance and mentorship to all students requiring help with course direction, simple questions pertaining to the course.
- Ecole Setsuko will schedule meeting 2 times a year to check in with you and your progress.
- Ecole Setsuko will add you to our Private Google Classroom for questions regarding your classes, and provide an open communication forum with other students. We encourage students to setup study groups.
SYLLABUS AND MATERIAL
- Ecole Setsuko reserves the right to amend or up-date the curriculum and/or syllabuses of all courses at any time without prior notice.
- All videos, manuals and materials, either printed, online or links provided cannot be copied, modified, shared and/or distributed by any means without prior written consent.
- Students will have access to all online material for up to 1 month after the end date of the course.
- Course books, study guides and course materials are non-refundable for any reason.
CERTIFICATION / LICENSING
- Ecole Setsuko awards certification on the successful completion of workshops for general interest for non-program students.
- Students are not allowed to use the title or School name in any way until completion of the Program and associated documentation is provided.
- Students are not allowed to charge for services before completion of Program, donations can be accepted.
- Students registered for Diploma Programs will be issued a Diploma for each title completed -and- any appropriate transcripts or letters necessary for applying to a professional association.
- Additional certificates and/or diplomas can be printed at a cost. The diploma does not constitute a governmental license to practice.
- All courses offered in context of our training programs are for educational purposes only.
- It is the responsibility of the student to inquire into and adhere to local laws and regulations that govern the practice of natural therapies, wherever they intend to practice.
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
- Some online classes will be recorded, students will receive a notification before joining.
- All student emails will remain hidden until the first day of class, where upon consent, can be shared in a class email and other communications.
- Students will be required to have a google account and login to the Google Classroom to view lesson plans and download course notes. All assignments submitted through this platform is confidential and only the teacher can view/edit/comment on your work.
- Personal audio and video recordings is prohibited.
- If you have a pre-existing health condition or limitation to receive body or energy work, it is your responsibility to inform all of your current teachers in a discreet manner, which will be held in confidentiality.
- Student progress reports will be discussed between their current teachers and the director, unless previously refused in writing from the student.
CODE OF CONDUCT AND ETHICS
- I understand that all forms of plagiarism, cheating or dishonest behavior may result in expulsion from Ecole Setsuko.
- I understand that failure to display proper respect and appropriate behavior may result in disciplinary action and possible expulsion.
- I understand all course descriptions and agree that ALL courses must be completed to be eligible for the final exam and graduation.
- I understand that sharing copyrighted Ecole Setsuko materials with non-students/graduates may result in expulsion from Ecole Setsuko.